Director of Marketing and Communications
MCC Theater seeks a Director of Marketing and Communications to lead all MCC marketing programs, including institutional, subscription, and single ticket sales campaigns, at a time of unprecedented growth and program expansion. MCC is an award-winning off-Broadway company celebrating its 30th anniversary during the 2016-17 season, and has produced such notable plays as The Legend of Georgia McBride, Punk Rock, The Village Bike, Hand to God, Really Really, Reasons to Be Pretty, and many more.
In addition to directing and executing all annual marketing strategy, this position will implement an institutional rebranding campaign as MCC prepares to open its first dedicated home, a two-theater complex on West 52nd Street, in 2018-19, when it will also add two additional productions to its season. MCC currently has an annual operating budget of $4 million for its 4-play season, play development, and education programs, with approximately 45% of income attributed to subscription and ticket sales. This position reports to the Executive Director, and will work closely with MCC’s three Artistic Directors, who jointly provide artistic leadership for the theater.
- Develop and implement all short- and long-term institutional marketing plans
- Establish expense projections and manage annual marketing budget
- Set annual subscription and single ticket sales goals, including management of dynamic/variable pricing
- Develop and implement audience development strategies through annual subscription campaign and single campaigns
- Supervise full-time Marketing & Audience Services Manager, Digital Marketing Associate, and any additional marketing roles required during future expansion
- Manage and coordinate the efforts of external vendors in support of MCC campaigns, including graphic designer(s) for key art and advertising, public relations representatives, and digital marketing consultants
- Liaise directly with MCC artists (playwrights, directors, designers, etc.) to ensure that marketing materials are in alignment with production vision
- Provide direction for in-house content creation in support of marketing objectives, as well as collaborate with peer departments (education, literary, development) for organization-wide initiatives utilizing consistent, clear and integrated style and messaging
- Develop and manage execution of digital and social media plans to support sales, institutional development, and robust engagement with all constituencies
- Ensure optimal audience engagement and customer service experience
- Manage implementation of rebranding campaign, including development of strategies and oversight of creative transitions (website, social, venues, etc.) Participate in long-range institutional planning as part of the MCC Senior Management team
Ideal candidate will be a strategic and creative thinker and have 5+ years of arts marketing experience, with direct ticket sales and campaign management experience; at least 2 years of experience managing direct-reports and/or consultants; an understanding of not-for-profit structures and dynamics; demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals; excellent writing/communication skills. Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to MDSearch@mcctheater.org.
Production Manager – MCC Theater
MCC Theater, the award-winning off-Broadway company that produced The Legend of Georgia McBride, Punk Rock, The Village Bike, Hand to God, Really Really, Reasons to Be Pretty and other noted plays, seeks a highly motivated, detail oriented, Full Time Production Manager to join MCC’s staff.
The Production Manager is responsible for the financial, logistical and personnel planning of each production, working closely and collaboratively with MCC Theater’s General Manager and Director of Artistic Production and Development on all matters. Production Manager will report to General Manager on all financial and budget matters. MCC currently produces four productions annually at the Lucille Lortel Theater in the West Village.
Responsibilities include Production Supervision – including but not limited to: Preparation of scenic bid packages; Load in/Load out logistics; Schedule/Calendar; Design Process Consulting; Meeting Coordination; Budget Consultation and Management, Crew Labor/Supervision – including but not limited to: Carpenters; Painters; Sound; Lighting; Costume & Wardrobe and Show Run Crew.
MCC is in the midst of a capital campaign in partnership with The City of New York – our new space on 52nd and 10th Avenue, scheduled to open in 2018, will house two theaters, two rehearsal rooms, support space and office space. MCC plans to produce six productions annually, starting in the 2018-2019 season, as well as Education and Literary Events. For the campaign, the Production Manager will work alongside General Manager and interface with Theatrical Consultant, Project Architect as well as the NYC Department of Design and Construction in outfitting the new space with all theatrical fixtures and equipment. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be intimately involved with the company’s growth and the practical logistics of opening and operating a brand new theatrical complex.
The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in technical theater, preferably in the New York arena, with a background in production management or equivalent supervisory experience. Proven technical aptitude, demonstrated leadership and management experience, impeccable written and verbal communication and exceptional organizational skills are paramount to the success of this position. Proficiency in AutoCAD/Vectorworks, word processing, Excel spreadsheets and an advanced understanding of budgeting and scheduling is required.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, generous paid time off. Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: PRODUCTION MGR search) NO CALLS.
To learn more about internships at MCC Theater, please click here.